Subscribe to Football Mood
Subscribe to Football Mood
Subscribe to Football Mood by mail

World cup, south africa 2010

6:40 AM Posted by Ramzi
 

Who will win the World Cup 2010 in South Africa

Last night the world Cup qualifiers delivered their last demonstration before the world Cup Flu strikes the globe. Based on what you saw and know, who will be the favorite? Vote in the Poll, and for further input, feel free to comment, for free.




Bookmark and Share


You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

6 Response to "World cup, south africa 2010"

  1. Waleed Said,

    on what I saw for the last 2 years or so, the Spaniards are the strongest contenders, at least on paper,

    on what I know, nothing is totally logical in football,

    Brazil, and to a lesser extent,England and Portugal! , have their chances also.

    It will surprise me if Italy, France, Argentina, or Germany made it to the final!

    U.S.A. can be the black horse of the tournament, as they did in the confederations cup.

    I'm interested to know who are your candidates, Ramzi.

    Posted on March 4, 2010 at 8:41 AM

     
  2. Ramzi Said,

    Last night my WC candidate -Ivory Coast- confirmed not interested. Now I need to reconsider. I like how Spain are playing, but I still give Brazil the edge.

    I will write more about this as the tournoment approach.

    Posted on March 4, 2010 at 10:23 AM

     
  3. Helge Said,

    Ramzi, don't forget that Ivory Coast didn't have a coach yesterday (or let's say they've still has the co-trainer of the African Cup of Nations). Imagine if Guus Hiddink is appointed by the Ivorian FA! And from what I've read lately, it's more than just a stupid rumour, I'd actually give it 70% probability to become true.
    I believe that Guus Hiddink can reach more than any other coach in the 4 weeks that he'll be given to work with the team.

    There's no need to discuss that Spain is the best team individually and also from their style of play for the spectators. I might fear that Brazil's chances are as good or even better than Spain's, although I don't like the current Brazil (that's no samba-magic, and where the hell is Ronaldinho?!?). So I wish that Spain wins the title.
    @ Waleed: I don't think that Portugal has a chance. They haven't played any good match since about 2 years and Crynaldo doesn't shine in the selecao. Bosingwa will miss the WC, and I simply can't see them pass the round of last 8.
    Besides Spain and Brazil, I'd take England as a top favourite. Followed by Germany, Argentina and Netherlands (all about with the same chances). But for me, Portugal belongs to a group of Italy, France and maybe Ivory Coast (if they get Hiddink) - which is below the above mentioned groups.

    Teams that might surprise us (not by reaching the final, but maybe the semis or at least quarters): Mexico, Uruguay, Serbia, Swiss, Denmark and Paraguay.

    LOL, now I've almost named every 32 teams to be a candidate for the title or another surprise :D

    But from my last list, I only expect 1 or 2 of them to reach the quarter-finals.

    Posted on March 5, 2010 at 3:19 AM

     
  4. Waleed Said,

    Hlege, you are on the spot regarding Portogal, but my nomination is not based on their performance, its an absolute instinct that they will make a surprise, well deep inside I hope they wont, "for known reasons I guess"!

    Posted on March 5, 2010 at 5:22 AM

     
  5. Ramzi Said,

    Helge, there is a reason why I added Hiddink pic in the previous post,right? ;) I really want an African team to win this one. That will be huge!

    Portogal had their chance during their Golden age (Thats before C.Ronaldo btw) They remind me of Spain of old times. Always Promising but lacks the "it".

    There will be a game preview in few hours.

    Posted on March 5, 2010 at 6:25 AM

     
  6. teju4us Said,

    i will give it to spain bcos of their style of play.
    i also see Nigeria surprising the rest of the world .

    teju4us@yahoo.com

    Posted on April 12, 2010 at 1:30 AM

     

Post a Comment

Followers